Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Copy-pasting a DateTime from a cell
posted

Hello,

I've got a grid where one of the columns being bound is DateTime. The grid recognizes this fact and automatically assigns a DateTimeEditor.

My  users don't want to see the Time portion of the date, so I've applied a format of:

column.format  = "yyyy MM dd"

column.MaskInput = "yyyy mm dd"

Everything looks good until I try to copy-paste from one of these cells: The spaces are removed from the date string. The users require that the format stay intact.

For example, if the grid cell shows "2011 07 14", when I copy-paste the value, I end up with "20010714".

I've tried disabling edit-mode when the cell is clicked. This copy-paste works correctly, but its difficult to tell that the cell is selected because it doesn't behave the same as other cells in the grid, and appears disabled.

Is there a way to either: copy-paste without removing the spaces? Or failing that, make the cell that is not in edit mode appear like it is?

This is in version 8.1.