Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Sumaries in groupbyrows
posted

Hello,

I want to use GroupByRows in my ultrawingrid. The structure of the table that Im using is diplayed in the image that I attached.

So, I need that my group by rows show me the total of meters for each zone and for each subzone too, exaxcly as shown  in the picture.

what can I do?

Any suggestions, I'll be very grateful

Help me please.

posted

Sorry Mike, I sending you this new image, I hope you understand me now

Ok Mike, sorry for this again
    I´m trying to explain myself as well as I can

We should forget all of the above and start again...

ok, I have my ultragrid in groupbyrows (my table have 3 columns, Zone, Subzone and mts),
    like this:

+zone
        +subzone
            mts  

so, in the beginning, i didn't know how to change the description text for each groupbyrow,
    for that, I used InitializeGroupByRow and I changed for a custom text  the description of each groupbyrows
    using  e.Row.Description="My custom text"

everything it's ok here (IMAGE 1 AND 2)

But  I need the sum of the column "mts" and put it in the groupbyrows ((IMAGE 3)
    In this part is where i'm having problems, because in the groupbyrows the result Of The Sums
    is displayed with along the source column (mts): some like this: "mts sum=[resultOfTheSum]"
    To change sum=[resultOfTheSum] for a custom text (IMAGE 4) , I used:

summary.DisplayFormat = "Total of meters = {0}"

but, mts is still diplaying with along my custom text "Total of meters = {0}". (IMAGE 4)

*******************************************************************************************************
    *******************************************************************************************************
    My code

Imports Infragistics.Win

Public Class SummaryGroupByRow

Private Sub SummaryGroupByRow_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

' Note. In this part, I will use data from a database,

' but there's so much information, for that reason   I use the code below to populate my ultragrid

' to simplify my real proyect

UltraDataSource1.Band.Columns.Add("zone", GetType(String))
            UltraDataSource1.Band.Columns.Add("Subzone", GetType(String))
            UltraDataSource1.Band.Columns.Add("mts", GetType(Integer))

UltraDataSource1.Rows.Add(New Object() {"A", "101", 200})
            UltraDataSource1.Rows.Add(New Object() {"A", "101", 200})
            UltraDataSource1.Rows.Add(New Object() {"A", "102", 200})
            UltraDataSource1.Rows.Add(New Object() {"A", "102", 200})
            UltraDataSource1.Rows.Add(New Object() {"B", "103", 200})
            UltraDataSource1.Rows.Add(New Object() {"B", "103", 200})
            UltraDataSource1.Rows.Add(New Object() {"B", "104", 200})

Me.UltraGrid1.DataSource = Me.UltraDataSource1

UltraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).SortedColumns.Add("zone", False, True)
            UltraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).SortedColumns.Add("Subzone", False, True)

End Sub

Private Sub UltraGrid1_InitializeGroupByRow(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeGroupByRowEventArgs) Handles UltraGrid1.InitializeGroupByRow

' Without this code and InitializeLayout code (except AutoFitStyle),

' Ultragrid has an appearence as shown in the image 1
           ' Using the code below, Ultragrid has an appearence as shown in the image 2

If e.Row.Column.Key = "zone" Then

e.Row.Description = "Zone : " & e.Row.Value.ToString() & ", Total of Subzones : " & e.Row.Rows.Count
                e.Row.Appearance.BackColor = Color.Purple
                e.Row.Appearance.ForeColor = Color.Yellow
                e.Row.Appearance.FontData.Bold = DefaultableBoolean.True

End If
            If e.Row.Column.Key = "Subzone" Then
     e.Row.Description = "Subzone : " & e.Row.Value.ToString() & ", Total of rows : " & e.Row.Rows.Count
                e.Row.Appearance.BackColor = Color.Tomato
                e.Row.Appearance.ForeColor = Color.Black
                e.Row.Appearance.FontData.Bold = DefaultableBoolean.True
            End If

End Sub

Private Sub UltraGrid1_InitializeLayout(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventArgs) Handles UltraGrid1.InitializeLayout

UltraGrid1.DisplayLayout.AutoFitStyle = AutoFitStyle.ExtendLastColumn

' Before to add this code and after have added InitializeGroupByRow code ,

' Ultragrid has an appearence as shown in the image 1-2
            ' After I add the code below, Ultragrid has an appearence as shown in the image 3
            ' Default summary caption is displayed
            ' for exmaple "mts sum=[theSum]" where mts is the source column summarized

Dim columnToSummarize As UltraGridColumn = e.Layout.Bands(0).Columns("mts")
            Dim summary As SummarySettings = e.Layout.Bands(0).Summaries.Add(SummaryType.Sum, columnToSummarize)
            e.Layout.Override.SummaryDisplayArea = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.SummaryDisplayAreas.InGroupByRows

'If I use DisplayFormat , it changes "mts sum=[theSum]" to "mts Total of meter = [theSum]"
            'but I don't want "mts" in the summary caption (image 5) 
            'summary.DisplayFormat = "Total of meters = {0}"

' I dont Know for what reason "mts" is displayed

End Sub

End Class

What can I do to remove "mts"?
    What could be happening?