Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
11.1 upgrade to 11.2
posted

I have a couple questions on this upgrade. I am doing research now and trying to figure out my upgrade path. The web site is huge and uses infragistics controls (11.1) throughout. The plan is to phase the upgrade and to start with 1 page and 1 grid. I would therefore like to maintain the 11.1 .dll's as is and add the new 11.2 dlls.

1. Can I simply change the aspx pages reference and add the new 11.2 dll's to the bin folder when I upgrade my page? I realize I would have to change code because the new grid is Akido and much different. The main point of this question is will the 11.1 and 11.2 .dll's run side by side in the bin?

2. I am hesitant to introduce the "version less" .dlls to this web site since they do not support design time. This would create a debugging and deployment nightmare. Can I refrain from using them or must I? If so why? 

Thank you so much for your responses.