Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid with DataTable as DataSource
posted

Hello,

I am using a WebDataGrid with DataTable, I know the DataTable doesn’t support autoCRUD operations therefore I am manually handling this operations.

I am using a Oracle Data Base, retrieving my data, loading it into a DataTable, for this porpuse, I am using Oracle Data Provider for .NET from ODAC for visual studio 2010.

CRUD operations are performed in the database but does not reflect or update on the client side. I am binding the grid to the updated data source but that those changes cannot be reflected in the client side.

For example, in the event RowUpdating of WebDataGrid I am re-binding to the data source:

protected void GridViewWebFormDetails_RowUpdating(object sender, RowUpdatingEventArgs e)
{
         //some code...

//if update is TRUE then binding data
        WebDataGrid wdg = (WebDataGrid)sender;
        wdg.DataBind();
}

Could you help me with an example using a DataTable as DataSource? I don't know what is happening with my project.

Please, Help!

Thanks,

Geovanny Domínguez