Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Winforms - Infragistics or Telerik
posted

Hello,

I'm posted this question on the Telerik forums as well.

My company bought a developer licence from both Telerik and Infragistics, so it isn't about the money. I made a ASP.NET website with Telerik components and that is working perfect.

But now i have to make a decision in what our windows development team is going to use, that team is bigger and we problably need more licenses. Playing with both Windows suites has learned me that Infragistics has a high learning curve compared to Telerik, but they seem more complete and i have the feeling it's more bugfree. Infragistics CAB extension is quite old and released, Teleriks CAB extension is still in beta and ofcourse not bugfree..

It seems that the Telerik Grid doesn't support hierarchical data while Infragistics does. As the grid is one of the only components i've checked im not quite sure what the other components will do.

Until now i have the feeling we should go for the Infragistics for Wincontrols.
And keep using Telerik on my webapplication.

Or should i let my company go for Telerik for Wincontrols?

Greetings

Offline posted

Telerik certainly has a sexy style video about their product don't they.  Thought I would venture over there see what they have been up to.  Didn't see anything that I thought was Wow! my users would love that over what I can do with Infragistics.  I've been developing with Winforms Infragistics controls since 2002 and have been happy with what has been added over the years.  The Grid is my main usage however with the exception of UltraChart and Schedule I have used most everything else also.  The learning curve has been acceptable as with most powerful things you just gotta dive into it.  I don't use CAB however.  Hopefully someone that knows both can give you a feature for feature comparison. 

Nick