Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Difference between 2008 Vol. 2 CLR 3.5 and .NET 2007 Vol. 2 CLR 2.0
posted

Hi,

I want what are the major difference are there in NetAdvantage for .NET 2008 Vol. 2 CLR 3.5 and NetAdvantage for .NET 2007 Vol. 2 CLR 2.0. I have installed trail version of NetAdvantage for .NET 2008 Vol. 2 CLR 3.5. Please let me know what are the advantages are there in new CLR 3.5 framework. if video links avaliable please post those links to me.

Thank you,

Sudheer

Verified Answer
    posted

Besides a years worth of new features, the 2008 Vol 2 CLR 3.5 product is compiled against Microsoft's 3.5 framework.  The biggest difference is that the 3.5 framework doesn't require you to install ASP.NET AJAX Extensions - it's included in the 3.5 framework.

As for features added between 7.2 and 8.2, there's a PDF/XPS document generator, additional capabilities for exporting to Excel (images and formula support), a Splitter, DialogWindow, ImageViewer, Slider, Hierarchical datasource, and multiple enhancements to existing controls including the webgrid and webcombo.  For a complete list, you can take a look at the What's New topic in the online help.

-Tony

Verified Answer
    posted

In our documentation there is a What's New section located under the specific platform's Developer's Guide section.  This will have all the new features that were added for that specific version.  Also, under that section there is a revision history for the changes that were made in the previous releases as well.

Just to list a few features/improvements for ASP.NET, there is PDF/XPS exporting, new chart types, VS08 support, addition Safari support for certain controls, the Akido Framework, and all the other controls for that framework. 

Link to the What's New section in 2008 Volume 2:

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/NET/2008.2/CLR2.0/html/Web_Whats_New.html

As far as improvments to the 3.5 framework (which we support), you can take a look at Scott Guthrie's blog:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/11/19/visual-studio-2008-and-net-3-5-released.aspx