Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Update NA 2008 V1 to NA 2008 V2 recommended?
posted

Hi,

possible that the subject can be misunderstood but I didn't know how to say it in other words. ;-)

My question is not if if should update. My question is if I should first uninstall NA 2008 V1 and then install NA 2008 V2 or shall I just install V2 over V1?

Until now I always first uninstalled the old version and the installed the new one. But it take a lot of time to do it in this way and if U r unshure it is IMHO the cleanest way to do it, isn't it?

Asking greetings

Reiner

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

That's primarily up to you.

You can install the two toolsets side-by-side, and they won't interfere with each other.  The plus side is that it can make it easier to transition from one version to the next.  The downside is that it takes up more space on your hard drive.  It's important to note, however, that you're not "overwriting" a previous version when you install a newer one.

If you plan on removing the old version, whether now or at a later point, it should not impact the new version.  Some of our older versions of NetAdvantage for .NET (I think as recent as some time in 2006) removed some "common" files when uninstalled, but to my knowledge this is no longer the case.  Even then, at worst you can simply reinstall the newer version to replace those common files.

Other people may have other advice that may help you make a decision.

Children
No Data