Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Upgrading trial to licensed version
posted

I created new project with Angular CLI and then added custom grid ( ig add )
Before adding grid I successfully run npm adduser --registry=packages.infragistics.com/.../ --scope=@infragistics --always-auth
The grid added was trial version.
I’ve run ig upgrade-packages and the watermarks disappeared, so I guess I have licensed version in project now. I am about to start adding components and would like to have better understanding how update to licensing works.
1. There are two methods in the documentation:

ig upgrade-packages

and

npm uninstall igniteui-angular
npm install @infragistics/igniteui-angular
npm uninstall igniteui-dockmanager
npm install @infragistics/igniteui-dockmanager

what is the difference between them and what is the automated CLI migrations, is that the first one ?
2. I checked my tsconfig.json, angular.json, and imports for igniteui-angular/lib mentioned in doc and my files do not have specified changes, so I guess I did not use automated CLI migration. Please let me know how I can use it on the next upgrade.
Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

I have been looking into your questions and what I could say is that as it is mentioned into the Licensing topic the 'ig upgrade-packages' command will take care of switching the package dependencies of the project and update source references automatically. That's why the trial watermark disappears. Also, you'll be asked to login to our npm registry if not already setup, so running 'npm adduser --registry=packages.infragistics.com/.../ --scope=@infragistics --always-auth' before  'ig upgrade-packages' was unnecessary.

So  'ig upgrade-packages' is the automated CLI migrations.

The second approach you mentioned shows steps how to manually log, uninstall and install the licensed version. However, this way not all imports and dependencies would be automatically changed and in case you do not change the paths as it is demonstrated into the topic it is possible to have some errors.

By using 'ig upgrade-packages' all files including tsconfig.json, angular.json, and imports for igniteui-angular/lib would be automatically modified otherwise the trial watermark would not be removed. You could check that using 'git diff'.

Regarding your last question I could say that once you logged into the private feed you will keep using the licensed version even after upgrading.

Let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Teodosia Hristodorova

Associate Software Developer

Children
No Data