Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igx-grid Responsive Row Template and Validations
posted

I'm evaluating purchasing Ignite-ui for a project that my company is working on, and I have a few questions about the igx-grids:

1. I didn't see any examples in the demos section of how to setup row validations when editing. Are there any built-in mechanisms for row validations?
  2. Is there a way to completely hide the table column headers (like [showColumnHeaders]="false") on the igx-grid?
  3. Is there any way to make the grid responsive? Where at screen sizes of < 600px, for example, all columns are hidden and a row template is used instead, which shows column values as key/value pairs (example below).
  4. Looking at the code on github I see that there are many interfaces/classes (like grid.interface.ts) that are not exposed to the public-api.ts file. Having many of those interfaces, like CellType, RowType, ColumnType, and GridType, publicly accessible is essential to our development. We want to extend them, use them for typescript typing, etc, You guys inject many services in your grid for editing, row selection, crud, etc, but don't expose them to the public-api, which makes it so we can't extend them and add our own functionality, and use them in our providers. Is this something that you guys would please evaluate exposing through the public-api.ts file? (this applies to more than just the grids, we want all interfaces).

Responsive table stacked example: