Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to reduce the payload of igniteui-angular in the main.js
posted

Dear infragistics team,

during some performance optimization, we found a huge payload of the igniteui-angular in our main.js via the tool "source-map-explorer" (see https://www.npmjs.com/package/source-map-explorer).

Is there any way to reduce it?

Currently, we are using the versions

"@igniteui/material-icons-extended": "2.10.0",
"@infragistics/igniteui-angular": "12.3.9",

We also followed your guide in
https://ko.infragistics.com/products/ignite-ui-angular/angular/components/general/ignite-ui-licensing#how-to-setup-your-environment-to-use-the-private-npm-feed-step-by-step-guide

to add the stylepreprocessor into the angular.json

"stylePreprocessorOptions": {
                "includePaths": [
                    "node_modules/@infragistics"
                ]
            }

In our app, we use different modules of yours. f.e. the igxGrid, and many more

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Yannick,

Thank you for posting to Infragistics Community!

I have been looking into your question and after investigation determined that this is the expected size of the igniteui-angular bundle, especially when any of the grid components is used. Their feature-richness requires a major part of the IgniteUI for Angular library to be included and no additional tree-shaking is applicable in this scenario.

In order to optimize the entire application bundle, what I can suggest is implementing lazy-loading modules and using a gzipper. With source-map-explorer, you could view the estimated gzip size by adding the –gzip option.

I believe you will also find the following blog post very helpful. Please keep in mind that those optimizations are not related to the IgniteUI for Angular components and they are out of the scope of our support.

Let me know if you need any further assistance on this matter.

Best regards,
    Bozhidara Pachilova
    Associate Software Developer