Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Listing all second-level members of a multi-level hirarchy
posted

Hi I have the following problem:

I have a hirarchy that goes two levels deep, say:

RegionDimension: RegionHirarchy: Region -> Country

If I want to have all first-level members, i can do the following:

dataSource.getMembersOfMember("[RegionDimension].[RegionHirarchy].[Region].[All]").done(function (members) { });

with this I can look up captions for first-level uniquenames...

now I have a second-level uniquename and want to look up its cation, so I need all second-level members.

But the following does not work:

dataSource.getMembersOfMember("[RegionDimension].[RegionHirarchy].[Country].[All]").done(function (members) { });

the below example would give me all second-level members below a first-level member

dataSource.getMembersOfMember("[RegionDimension].[RegionHirarchy].[Region].&11").done(function (members) { });

But this would force me to loop through all first-level members in order to find the second-level member that I need.

Is there an easy way to list all second-level members of a multi-level Hirarchy?

THX

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Daniel,

I think what you're asking for can only be achieved with looping through all the first level members.
    If you want to get the unique country list you should define another hierarchy when Country is first level.

Hope this helps,
    Martin Pavlov
    Infragistics, Inc.

Children
No Data