Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Where is Infragistics.Web.Core.Framework.Mvc located?
posted

Hi,

I am new to infragistics and new to asp.net mvc. I have download Infragistics Ultimate trial version. And I have installed the help and samples for JQ and Asp.Net. I wanted to evaluate different components of infragistics control. Can you please tell me where can i find Infragistics.Web.Core.Framework.Mvc?

The only library that I can find close to this is Infragistics.Web.MVC and Infragistics.Web.Mvc.Documents.Core. 

I want to use the Mvc grid control.

Thanking you in advance.

Shahan

posted

Hi Shahan,

The Infragistics.Web.Core.Framework.Mvc assembly is used in the samples browser application primarily for data access. There are 3 primary places you may see this dependency that should be  replaced within your own application. Let's assume you're trying to make an application using your own Customer object:

The Controller:

var ds = this.DataRepository.GetDataContext().MyComplexProducts;
    return View("RowSelection", ds);

In the above code, ds corresponds to an IQueryable<MyComplexProduct>. 'MyComplexProduct is a type used in our samples framework to supply sample data. You can replace this and supply an IQueryable<Customer> in your own application.

public class GridRowSelectionController : SampleController

SampleController is another custom type used to provide access to the samples browser's data access API. The default Controller class in ASP.NET MVC should be used instead of SampleController.

In the View:

<%@ Page Language="C#" 
    Inherits="Infragistics.Web.Core.Framework.Mvc.SampleViewPage<IQueryable<Infragistics.Web.Core.Framework.Data.Models.MyComplexProduct>>"

This is related to the two issues already described. SampleViewPage is custom and can be replaced by the default 'System.Web.Mvc.Viewpage'. If you are using strongly-typed views, you can use the default syntax for that as well 'System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage<Customer>'.

There could be more scenarios where these dependencies appear, but in most cases this is where the samples browser uses some custom APIs that aren't related to the product itself.

Hope that helps!

posted

Hi Shahan,

Thank you for posting in the community.

In order to use the igGrid in MVC it should be sufficient to add a reference only to the Infragistics.Web.MVC library. You may find additional useful information on using the jquery grid in MVC at:

http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/jQuery/Current/CLR4.0?page=igGrid_Developing_ASP_NET_MVC_Applications_with_igGrid.html

Please let me know if this helps.

posted

Hello,

Can you please let me know why you need that dll.

The only dlls that you have installed are the following

Infragistics.Web.MVC

Infragistics.Web.MVC.Documents.Core

Infragistics.Web.MVC.Documents.Excel

Infragistics.Web.MVC.Documents.IO

Infragistics.Web.MVC.Documents.Reports

Infragistics.Web.MVC.Documents.Word

The Infragistics.Web.MVC dll should contain everything that the grid needs.It gets installed with jQuery product. If you install ASP product only you will probably not have it.

Please let us know.

Thanks.

Ivan Kosharov