Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to get script intellisense
posted

Hi,

First I am totally new to NetAdvantage and your jQuery components :-O. Finding it difficult to even get started :-((. Trying to do data editing with a grid - should be pretty straightforward :-O.

Using VS2010, MVC3 and a backend SQL database.

I added @using Infragistics.Web.Mvc; to the top of my view file, and it does give me SOME intellisense in VS2010 - well I did AFTER using 'Copy Local' for your dll :-O.

BUT - I then look at your 'help files' for igGrid - and they all refer to setting up stuff in javascript - and NOT in C# ???.

Specifically - .Columns - which your sample (

Using CRUD Operations with jQuery igGrid, Entity Framework and ASP.Net MVC3)

tells me to use - but which just barfs with a 'can't use lambda expression...' error  as 'column =>' :-((.

SO - do you recommend using javascript or C# to create and define a Grid ???. All your help seems to suggest javascript :-((.

If javascript - how do I get intellisense please.

Many thanks....

Best regards

Graham

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi Graham,

The jQuery grid is a 100% client-side control, which also has a MVC wrapper. you can use both JS and C#, depending on your application scenario and the technologies you use (i.e. if you use PHP, then you can setup the grid using javascript only, if you use Microsoft's ASP.NET MVC, you can use the MVC wrapper since it gives you a lot of databinding and intellisense advantages) .  You can refer to the following sample code which shows how you can setup the grid entirely in the MVC View, with C# code:

(for example)

http://samples.infragistics.com/jquery/grid/local-sorting => "SELECT SAMPLE SOURCE FILE TO VIEW" => LocalSorting.cshtml or LocalSorting.aspx

Hope it helps. Thanks

Angel

Children
No Data