Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Compatibility mode issue
posted

Hi,

Just wasted many hours trying to understand why code which works perfectly on my machine, fails on someone elses.....

I have a screen with an iGrid....

Getting the following error :

Microsoft JScript runtime error: The remote request to fetch data has failed:  (parsererror) 'JSON' is undefined

Turns out its a 'compatibility mode' problem. When enabled/disabled (icon is blue on IE9) the script barfs, when grey it runs just fine.

As my system will be used by users with different browsers. OS's etc. (well thats WHY I am using your jQuery components in the first place :-O), I need to know that their systems will work without my having to tell them to use 'compatibility mode (or not).

If we are missing a JSON parser - then why not just supply one with the website ???. Surely we must be able to point at a suitable parser ???.

NB As I am still trialling your software I only have the minimised js files available so debugging exactly what went wrong is difficult to say the least!!

Thanks

Graham