Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Iggrid client side binding and empty table
posted

Hi,

I am using iggrid and client side binding to an existing HTML table, as in your example https://www.igniteui.com/help/iggrid-binding-to-html-table-data 

I am having some trouble when the HTML table has no data.

These are the approaches that I have tried:

1. No tbody segment. (as in <table><thead> ... </thead></table>)

2. Empty tbody segment (as in <table><thead> ... </thead><tbody /></table>)

3. Empty body segment (as in <table><thead> ... </thead><tbody></tbody></table>)

The result in all of those cases is that I get 2 headers for each column. One is a plain HTML header and the other seems the Infragistics header. Also if sorting is enabled, I get some errors when clicking in those additional HTML headers " 'currentSortDirection' is null or not an object"

I used a test page where I just include the base ig.ui.min.css file, the theme file jquery.ui.custom.min.css, the javascript ig.ui.min.js file and jquery 1.5.1/jqueryUI 1.8.11

Is there any special way I should treat empty tables regarding iggrid client side binding? Is this scenario not supported or maybe I should avoid it until a next release?

Cheers,

Daniel