Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Local sorting still causes round-trip to server
posted

When adding the sorting feature to our grid, we are setting the "Type" to Local.  However, whenever a user clicks on one of the column headers to sort the columns, the grid still hits our datasourceurl.  What could be causing this?  It seems pretty straightforward, so if there are any known bugs / issues with local sorting when using a datasourceurl, please let me know so I can work around them.

Side note: "Type" is a bad name for this property IMO. One idea would be to just make it a bool called "Remote" unless you think there will ever be a third option beyond local and remote.

Parents
    posted

Hi Josh,

are you using the MVC wrapper for the grid? It should be pretty straightforward , yes. I am not sure what could be the issue, if you can show me some of your code that would greatly help. 

we have an online sample which is configured in a very similar way to what you've described:

http://ko.infragistics.com/products/jquery/sample/grid/local-sorting

Local sorting with a DataSourceUrl. And it doesn't do remote requests. Could you have a look and compare with your code?

Thank you

Angel

Reply Children
No Data