Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problems with Selenium IDE
posted

We are currently evaluating solutions to automate testing of our website. We have noticed a few problems with the Selenium IDE plugin for Firefox:

When recording a test case:

- Text entry into an igEditor will not be recorded at all.

When playing back a test case:

- Entering text into an igEditor using the "type" command works, but the validation is not getting triggered (i.e. you can for example enter letters into a numeric editor and validation error messages don't pop up).

- Various click events don't have any effect (e.g. selecting an item from an igCombo or clicking on a cell of an igGrid in order to enter edit-mode).

Do you have any solutions for the above issues?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in our forums! I managed to reproduce the issue that you are experiencing. I’m not sure what causes it but I will continue my investigation. For now you can add the interactions with the editors manually in the Command table. The same applies to the igCombo case. I’ll attach a simple test that interacts with igEditor in http://igniteui.com/ samples browser.  

Please let me know if this works for you!

Kind regards,

Petko Zhekov

Software Engineer

TestEditors.zip
Children
No Data