Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
child iggrid pagination
posted

Hi all,

I am having a problem with hierarchical grid. It is just about setting the child grid pagination. When I try to add a new row to a specific child grid from a modal dialog the child pagination inherits from the parent grid and i don't know how to correct this. I know there is a property called inherits (true, false) in Pagination feature but it does not work for me.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Offline posted

I am checking the progress of this issue. Please let me know how this works for you.

Offline posted

In order to define the paging per grid lv I suggest you set autoGenerateColumns: false, and define the parent and child grids manually.  For the parent grid it is possible to set the paging inheritance to false and manually add it in the child grids where required.

Under the parent grid :

features: [{
                            name: "Paging",
                            type: "local",
                            pageSize: 5,
                           inherit: false
                       },

Later, under the desired child columnLayouts enable it like:

features: [{
                            name: "Paging",
                            type: "local",
                            pageSize: 5       
                       }], 

Paging inheritance is disabled by default. When columns are not auto generated, it is possible to enable paging per child grid (under columnLayouts) 

You could refer for details at these sources:
    Blog:
    Feature Inheritance in Infragistics jQuery Hierarchical Grid

API:  ui.iggridpaging_hg: http://help.infragistics.com/jQuery/2013.2/ui.iggridpaging_hg 

Official Documentation at:
    http://help.infragistics.com/doc/jQuery/2013.2/CLR4.0/?page=igHierarchicalGrid_Overview.html

I have attached a working CodeSample with enabled row adding (Updating) as well as the dataSource file required. You could refer for more details to this sample.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

igHierarchicalGrid_Paging_Inheritance.zip