Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Searching in a child grid
posted

Hi all, 

I am having a problem trying to search a row in a child grid. I have a filter on the top of my page where I write the people code, name or surname and when I click on Find button I want the hierarchical grid to find that person in server and shows only the parent row with the found person below. (only that person)

I don't know how to solve this because filter data lose when child layout binds. Since it is a hierarchical grid both parent and grid have their own data sources at the beginning, so in the first binding there are two calls to server (one for parent datasource and another one for layout datasource) but here we don't have the parent row identificator in path. When I expand a row I just have the parent row identificator but at that moment I don't have filter data because it loses.

Thanks in advance.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello Javier,

Thank you for posting in our forum!

I have revised your enquiry and several questions arose. Do you use remote or local filtering? Have added load on demand feature on your grid? In order to investigate further could you provide me a sample/code snippets presenting this scenario?

Thank you in advance.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Children
No Data