Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to scroll not the entire canvas but just areas like Content Lists on the iPad?
posted

Hey Folks,

first, kudos for this straight forward tool. I like it a lot. I'm playing around with it and especially some of the new stuff in version two is really useful. But I have one little question. I didn't find a solution yet although it seems quite obvious to me. So sorry if this question has been answered yet, I couldn't find it...

I created this little prototype: http://indigo.infragistics.com/prototype/N32PDLXX.html. And after you hit the login-Button you'll get a content list with some messages. How can I just scroll the List and not the entire canvas? I want the header bar be fixed, pretty much the behaviour we know from the mail app for example. I extended the canvas yet which results exactly in scrolling the whole area.

Thanks in advance,

Felix

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Nice looking prototype, Felix! What you asked is possible, and here's how.

By default, the total height of the content list is a multiple of the height of the items in the list. For creating a scrollable list, you can resize the list and set it's bounds. You can do it either of the following ways:

• select the second last item in the list, which should select the item (orange adorners). This should also select the list as a whole. Simply resize the list using the "blue" adorners. I said second last only because when selecting the last item, the orange and blue resize adorners are overlapping. We will fix this soon
    • OR you select CONTENT LIST > ITEM in the breadcrumb shown in the property panel label/header area, which will also select the content list. You you can now resize (and set height)
    With the height set this way, simply create more number of items than what the list height can show, and the scrollbar shows up automatically like in regular apps. Let us know if this worked for you. And thank you for asking this question.
    ------
    content resize
Reply Children
No Data