Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Automatic switching between landscape and portrait on iPad
posted

Hi,

I've got another question :) Is it possible to create landscape and portrait mode in one project and let the prototype switch automatically with the orientation of the mobile device? Right now it's just telling me that my prototype can only be viewed in one mode and the other remains grey.

How would I have to create the file to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Felix

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi, Felix.

Sorry. Missed seeing this post earlier. 

Currently we don't support this behavior automatically. But we are considering to tackle this as part of responsive design. We have this submitted as an idea here. If you are interested, vote it up!

Are are you planning to evaluate the portrait and landscape version simultaneously using prototypes? Or is it something for you to get a "feel" for the design? The reason we are planning on tackling this as bigger feature is because often times a well-designed landscape view may be quite different from the portrait view. And not just a stretched version of the portrait. We want to make it really easy to create and maintain such prototypes. 

In the meantime, with update 4 of Indigo Studio, we have shipped an enhanced prototype viewer. You could potentially share both the landscape and portrait version, and navigate between them using the "list of screens"? Read more what's new in Update 4

Children
No Data