Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Indigo Performance
posted

Hi all,

I don't know if you have any performance tips for this situation, but I wanted to share something I've run into with Indigo's performance.

First, here are the specs for my computer and my version of Indigo.

Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz
16 GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601.65536)
Silverlight (5.1.30514.0)
Connection Status: Connected
Indigo Version 4 (Build Dragon.Release_20150116.1 - 4.0.113)

And the specs on the particular project I'm working on are as follows. (1) the open documents at the time, (2) the content of the project in terms of screens, screenparts, etc., and (3) the task manager

So as you can see in Task Manager, the app is consuming 881 MB... don't know if that's a whole lot, but for what it does and what's loaded, that seems like a lot.

In any case, there are some stuttering and hanging issues I've run into in several spots in the app.  Mainly it's when I go to close an open document by tapping the X (pictured below), it can at times take 5-7 seconds to close and the app says (Not Responding) up in the left corner of the window.

The other case is when I am running an app, and I have what I'd consider not a particularly complex app, but a screen will take about 2-3 seconds to do a transition from one screen to another when I have NONE set as the transition duration (pictured below).  My guess is that it's prepping the screen that it's returning to, but given my PC's specs, and the size of my Indigo prototype, it doesn't make sense to me that I'd be seeing this kind of stuttering with such a small application.  If I were to model our entire app, it would more than double the number of screens and screenparts.

Any idea what's going on here, or what I might do or look at to improve the performance?

Thanks.