Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Visual Studio Designer Problem
posted

I am using visual studio version 8.0.50727.762 with Infragistics2.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.v8.1, Version=8.1.20081.1000.  I have a page that loses all the bands and columns from a grid if I switch between design view and source view after making changes to the grid.  I have 2 grids on the page and it effects both of them.  If I copy a grid from another the page, it is fine when i switch views unless I make changes to it. Once I alter it, it also has the same problem.  Does anyone know what could be causing this problem.

posted

I have never seen this happen, but I do have a couple of suggestions that may help. The design time functionality in UltraWebGrid is handled by a separate assembly (dll file) located in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) which is physically available on your XP and/or Vista machine in this folder:

c:\windows\assembly

Please, make sure you have the following file there - Infragisics2.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.v8.1.Design. You also need a few other files referenced by design time, for example a Shared dll, our Winforms controls for the same version (used internally by the grid designer), etc. These are typically installed in GAC by our NetAdvantage installer, but could be missing for some resons.

If this does not help, maybe sending a little bit more information about your setup may help us reproduce the problem and go further.

Finally, and I do recommend this if this is urgent for you, you can ZIP a small subset of your project reproducing the problem and send it to our dedicated Developer Support departament via this link - you will receive a prompt response asap

http://ko.infragistics.com/gethelp/

Hope this helps!