Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebCombo select a vlaue with an Apostrophe with Edtiable = true
posted

I have a web combo drop down populated with data. We have also given the ability for the user to edit the text in this dropdown. Editable = true. One values you can select from the drop down has an apostrophe (Example: Bialy's) in its name. When you select this index, the display value in the code behind is "Bialy's". Which is correct. But the display value on the screen itself is "Bialy". It has dropped the 's. Also when I try to read this value from JavaScript I can only get "Bialy", but I can not use the getDispalyValue() function in JavaScript as that seems to have an issue as well. But that is not my really problem.

If I change the editable property to False everything works great, but we then lose some good functionality which we really need.

I guess what I am really asking is does anyone know how to display the full value on the screen? I have tried to escape out the ' by doing \' but with no luck.

Any help out be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data