Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebCombo DataBinding taking forever
posted

I am currently using an embedded webCombo as a Column Editor for my ultrawebgrid, however, when I build the dataset and assign it to the combo's datasource to perform the databinding, the page load takes an eternity to actually show the page's content. I know it has to do with the combo's databinding because when I commentarize this, everything goes ok.

Not everuthing is bad, the combo works fine with something around 30 rows worth of data (2 to 5 columns), but when my DataSource has 50 - 100 rows, everything kinda' crashes. So, is it it's normal behaviour? Is that why we have paging and XmlLoadOnDemand? Is there another way to optimize the app sp that the page can be loaded faster and the combo has all of it's data always available?

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

Parents
    posted

I think that this is related to the question that I asked a couple of days ago titled "WebCombo with lots of rows". 

I see exactly the behavior that you describe and it does depend on the number of rows in the combo list.  The combo doesn't need to be in a grid for this to crop up.

I've set XmlLoadOnDemand=Accumulative and handled the InitializeDataSource event.  That helps a lot, but the scroll box in the combo list doesn't behave the way that I would like...

So far, no responses to my request.

Dave Larson

Reply Children
No Data