Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to track that cell has been changed on an ultrawebgrid?
posted

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is a way I can track that a cell has been selected and the value has changed?

Here is my situation:

I have a webgrid with 4 columns, column 1 has customer ID, column 2 has Customer Name, column 3 has contains a dropdownlist that has a list of States (MI, NY, OH, etc) and column 4 filters a list of cities depending on what State the user selected. The webgrid has many rows and on some rows, I would like to select the States value from the dropdownlist and from the selected State I would like to turn on a boolean value that a State has been selected and the State (value) that the user selects. Btw, I am using a built-in dropdownlist from the webgrid (Type="dropdownlist")

pseudo:

- Select State from ddl

- Turn on Boolean Value (bSelected)

- Retrieve the selected state

- Show the Cities column (the fourth column)

Thanks very much inadvance!

HS2

Parents
No Data
    posted

You might be able to do something with the AfterCellUpdate client side event of the webgrid, although it is possible that this even is only fired after you've left the cell. Or the BeforeCellUpdate event might be better because one of it's parameters is the new value of the cell.

Children
No Data