Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebGrid in an UpdatePanel Doesn't fire server event on cell update but does postback
posted

I have a webgrid (8.2 CLR 3.5) in an update panel which is bound from the server side to a combination of data values and a generated column.  The generated column is a checkbox type.  When the user clicks on the checkbox, I expected the UpdateCell or Update Row event to be fired on the server side when the checkbox is checked/unchecked.  I need to handle the update event on the server side due to the nature of what is happening.

Both Before and After CellUpdate is firing on the client, however this code is never being reached on the server side.  However, page_load is reached, so I know that the postback is happening.  Anyone have any thoughts?  I have tried igtbl(needPostBack(gridName) on the client to force the issue, but that did not work either.  I have verfied that code is being reached.

154     Protected Sub UltraWebGrid1_UpdateCell(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.CellEventArgs) Handles UltraWebGrid1.UpdateCell

155         Me.txtPM.Text = "Foo"

156     End Sub