Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is it possible to pivot a grid?
posted

Hello

Can anyone tel me if it's possible to pivot the columns and rows of a populated grid?  I'm using v8.2.  If not is it possible to manipulate the edit control property at the row or cell level?  I.e. at the moment we can associate an edit control with a column but we want to associate it to a row or even an individual cell instead.  Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kevin White

posted

Hello Kevin,

At this point the grid does not support pivoting data out of the box. By pivoting, people typically mean that columns become rows and rows become columns, is this correct? Maybe if this is the case, you can write custom code to pivot the datasource first and after that bind to grid?

As for the second question - again, nothing built-in to support that (custom editor only for cell). Maybe this could be possible with templates (e.g. change databinding expressions in the InitializeRow event to hack the template depending on the cell / row), but this could be hard to achieve.

Some info on that is also available here:

http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/p/14751/54224.aspx