Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Re: how to add rows and columns dynamically in ultrawebgrid
posted

I have placed an infragistics ultrawebgrid over a web form.
what i needed is, soon after the webform is loaded, the cursor should blink in the first cell of the ultrawebgrid, so that i can edit the cell.

Now what is coming is like, i need to place the cursor manually by mouse over the grid. Currently the first cell is active. but the cursor is not blinking in that cell. the code i have written for that is

UltraWebGrid1.Rows(0).Cells(0).Activate()
UltraWebGrid1.Rows(0).Cells(0).AllowEditing = Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.AllowEditing.Yes
UltraWebGrid1.DisplayLayout.ActiveCell = UltraWebGrid1.Rows(0).Cells(0)

Can any one suggest a method , so that i can get the cursor in the first cell

Parents
No Data
    posted

You need to put the first cell of the grid into edit mode.  You've activated it, but entering edit mode is an additional step.

I don't recall for absolute certain whether this can be done through server-side code, but I strongly suspect that it cannot.  This means that you'll have to use JavaScript.

My suggestion is to hook up the client-side InitializeLayout event handler to a function like the following (note that I can't test this code at the moment, so I may not have this exactly correct):

function UltraWebGrid1_InitializeLayoutHandler(gridName)
    {
        var grid = igtbl_getGridById(gridName);
        grid.beginEdit();
    }

Children
No Data