Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebGrid No Data To Display
posted

I am using an UltraWebGrid that is being late bound in the page load event.  Using Sql Query Profiler I can see that the correct parameters are being passed to my stored procedure and that it is retruning data.  Inside the code I can see the WebGrids Initialize Row being hit the correct number of times based on how many rows the stored procedure is returning.  The problem is that when the page is actually displayed the WebGrid just shows "No data to display".  As soon as you hit the search button on the page the WebGrid starts displaying data as expected. 

Relevant Code

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
 If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
            BindDataToDropDowns()
            LoadTaxpayerGrid()
        End If
end sub

Private Sub LoadTaxpayerGrid()
 For Each p As Parameter In sdsTaxpayerGrid.SelectParameters
  looping through the select proc parameters and setting the values to the user entered values
  the first time through we know there will not be any data and the stored proc accounts for this
        Next  

Me.UltraWebGrid1.DataSourceID = Me.sdsTaxpayerGrid.UniqueID
        Me.UltraWebGrid1.DataBind()
End Sub

Private Sub UltraWebGrid1_InitializeRow(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.RowEventArgs) Handles UltraWebGrid1.InitializeRow
      Masking some of the columns
End Sub

The relevant markup

<igtbl:UltraWebGrid ID="UltraWebGrid1" runat="server" EnableAppStyling="True" StyleSetName="Nautilus">
            <Bands>
                <igtbl:UltraGridBand>
                    <Columns>                       
                    </Columns>
                    <AddNewRow View="NotSet" Visible="NotSet">
                    </AddNewRow>
                </igtbl:UltraGridBand>
            </Bands>
            <DisplayLayout>
     </DisplayLayout>
</igtbl:UltraWebGrid>

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="sdsTaxpayerGrid" runat="server"  ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:EfilingConnectionString %>"
                SelectCommand="EAccount_GetTaxPayerInfoForGrid" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure" CancelSelectOnNullParameter="False"  >
                <SelectParameters>
                    <asp:SessionParameter Name="MAILBOX" SessionField="MAILBOX" Type="String" />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="SSN" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true" />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="FNAME" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true"  />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="LNAME" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true"  />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="RALQIKCODE" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true" />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="ACCPTCODE" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true"  />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="NTSRSN" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true"  />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="IRSCENTER" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true"  />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="DCN" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true" />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="PROCSTAT" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true" />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="DIRSTATE" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true" />
                    <asp:Parameter Name="PIGGYSTATE" Type="String" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true" />       
                    <asp:Parameter Name="ROWCOUNT" Type="int32" DefaultValue="20"/>
                </SelectParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>

Parents Reply Children
No Data