Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Flipping Rows<->Columns?
posted

I have a list of data objects containing survey responses for various sites {siteName, response1, response2, response3...}.  It is very easy to make a DataGrid with each site as a row and the survey responses as columns (one column per survey question).

However, I need to present the data the other way.  The indeterminate number of sites need to be columns with each question presented as a row.

Is there a way to automatically rotate a DataGrid to do this or am I stuck doing it the hard way of mapping my list of data object to another list containing rotated data?

Thanks,

Clark 

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Clark,

Thanks for your feedback - it is currently not possible to do this in an easy way with the UltraWebGrid. What you can do is have a dynamic grid for example, register your own handler for the InitializeLayout / InitializeDataSource UltraWebGrid events, and on a postback (button click or something like this)  manipulate the current grid's layout by adding new columns, removing columns, defining bands (in case it's a hierarchical grid), and so on.

You can find examples how InitializeLayout is used in the Infragistics Samples Browser ( http://samples.infragistics.com/2008.3/WebFeatureBrowser/Default.aspx) :

WebGrid -> Defining Layouts 

I hope this helps,

Angel 

Children
No Data