Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to Find Specific Row?
posted

I've got a webcombo that I'm filtering using selectWhere.  After I execute selectWhere, I'd like to select a certain value from the webCombo.  I can't quite figure out how though.  Here is what I've done so far.

1.  I tried doing a more selective filter, one which I know will only return one row.  My plan was to simply get the datavalue of that one row, but I can't get a reference to that "one" row.  Here is the code I was trying:

var dataValue = igcmbo_getComboById("WebCombo1").getGrid().Rows.getRow(0).getCellFromKey("ColumnName").getValue();

This code returns the value of the first row in the non-filtered list, instead of the filtered one. \

2.  I also tried spinning through the rows in the webcombo's grid looking for "my row".  The problem with this is that I've got EnableXmlHTTP on, so only the first 50 rows are available, and "my row" isn't in the first 50.

Can anyone suggest a solution for me?

Thanks in advance - John 

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

Take a look at this answer. It shows you how to detect when selectWhere() finished its job by intercepting the Ajax events raised internally

AfterXmlHttpResponseProcessed(gridName) and the

XmlHTTPResponseHandler(gridName, rowId, gridResponse)

http://news.infragistics.com/forums/t/2841.aspx

Once you know that selectWhere() has finished, then you'll be able to do whatever you like with certain values from the webCombo

Children
No Data