Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
CheckBox column
posted

I have a DataTable bound to an UltraWebGird;  the DataTable has a column which contains either a Y or N value that I would like to represent as a checkbox.  How do I go about doing this? In the WinForms world with an individual checkbox I would typically do this by handling the .Parse and .Format events on the binding.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello,

The CheckBox column binds automatically if the datasource value type is boolean (or bit, in MS Access terms) - true / false. For Y/N I see a few options:

1) Modifying the DataTable manually first - e.g. create a new DataTable that has column type bool/bit instead of chart and make all "Y" occurrances true, "N" - false.

2)  Handle the InitializeRow event and then locating the Cell of the respective row (e.g. though Row.Cells.FromKey["CheckBoxColumn"]) and then setting its Value field to true / false depending on the datasource.

Children
No Data