Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can u plz help me from start to end by procedure in adding a drop down list to Ultra web grid??
posted
Hi, I've used Northwind as SQLDatasource and Customers as my table in the DB... I could implement insert,update and delete in my DB using Ultra web grid... Now I've added a new column which is "Year".. where i WANT 2 USE Drop-down list listing a set of 10 years... Can u plz help me out in this from start to end as I can't get through the present forums clearly to get my thing done.
Parents
    posted

I've done this as follows...

UNDER <Columns> tag, i've added

<igtbl:TemplatedColumn key="Year of joining" AllowUpdate="Yes"

Type="DropDownList" BaseColumnName="Year of joining" >

<Header Caption="Year of joining">

<RowLayoutColumnInfo OriginX="2" />

</Header>

<Footer>

<RowLayoutColumnInfo OriginX="2" />

</Footer>

<CellTemplate>

<asp:DropDownList ID="DropDownList1" runat=server Width=70px>

</asp:DropDownList>

</CellTemplate>

</igtbl:TemplatedColumn>

Here, I've used NorthWind as the data source.... and i hav dropdown appearing for each row in the grid.. but

==> all dropdowns are like appearing in 1st column with the caption "Year of joining"..

==> If I set  IsBound="true" in TemplatedColumn tag ... then all my DropDowns disappear

How can i tackle this...???  OR Is it like I can't use DropDowns for NorthWind Database......

I want to populate the DropDown list and use it to update, insert into the NorthWind Dtatabase using the Ultrawebgrid....

Can any1 plz help me in these????

Reply Children