Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Application is Very Slow
posted

I have deployed two applications. One application with .net grid and another application with infragistics grid. The infragistics grid application is very slow compare to .net grid application. i am using Infragistics NetAdvantage 2006 Volume 3 CLR 1.x. If i fetch more than 1000 records the screen screen is slow. Please help me in deploying the .net application in webserver.

Thanks,

Suresh

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Suresh,

Displaying 1000 rows at will make any web application slow I'm afraid.  The Infragistics WebGrid helps counter these effects by offering Paging as well as Load On Demand/ Scroll On Demand functionality.  If you're looking at a hierarchical WebGrid, you'll definitely want to enable Load on Demand - which will load child rows dynamically when the user clicks on the expansion indicator.  I'd also recommend using Paging, or if paging is not an option, use Virtual Scrolling.  There are examples of how to use these behaviors in the online samples browser - http://samples.infragistics.com  To give the best experience to the end user, as well as keeping performance in check, I generally advise limiting the rows in a grid displayed at any give time to a maximum of 100.  Personally, I like to keep it under 50.  When you combine paging and filtering with the load on demand functionality of the grid, this is certainly acheivable. 

Hope this helps,

-Tony

Children
No Data