Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Adding new row to grid works, data insert never fired.
posted

The problem I am having is that I can't detemine which event to handle after the insert or why no data is being inserted.

The UltraWebGrid1_AfterRowInsertHandler fires when I hit the Add New Box button and this makes sense but should it be??  I think the grid is trying to insert into the database here but fails becaue the row is empty at that time. Shouldnt this event fire when I click off the new row?  What actually fires on my new row after entering data is the UltraWebGrid1_TemplateUpdateCellsHandler. But this 'updates' the database and there is no record yet. (record has not been inserted yet.)

UltraWebGrid1_TemplateUpdateCellsHandler fires after clicking the Ok button on the row edit template. From within the UltraWebGrid1_TemplateUpdateCellsHandler event I issue a postback but nothing gets inserted into the database.  And the sqldatasource1_inserted event is never fired. 

If I remove the UltraWebGrid1_TemplateUpdateCellsHandler and use an imagebutton to cause postback the record still is NOT inserted.

Updates and Deletes work fine.

What am I missing?

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data