Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Add New Row: Populate columns based on a selected column
posted

Hi evryone,

I am facing this problem from quite some time Please help me out.

I have a Page with a webgrid i have 5 columns 2 uneditable and 3 are populated with dropdowns on selection of an employee from the first dropdown i have to populate his name and his job description in the remaining two columns.

I am using this in the javascript to update the cell but i couldnt figure out how to do . 

function cellUpdate(gridID, valueListID, cellID) 

{

var col = igtbl_getColumnById(cellID);

if (col.Key != "Personal_Number") return;

var list = igtbl_getElementById(valueListID);

var row = igtbl_getRowById(cellID);

var name=list.selectedIndex.innerText;

if (row != null)

{alert("Hello");

row.getCell(49).setValue(name); row.getCell(51).setValue(name);

} }

so i Want to set cell 49 and 51 with the respective values but i dont know how to do it .

I also have another idea to open a popup window as a button is clicked in the grid and in the popup am going to show the grid where they can select a Row and on double click I thought i wud capture that data in a hidden variable and close the popup and reload the opener but as i reload the opener the hidden variable is gone and the value cannot be persisted .

Also if anybody know how to assign a value to a a ultrawebgrid column in the child window which is present in the parent window , please post their comments.

Please Help me out from this situation either one of the methods any help would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Krishna.

Parents Reply Children
No Data