Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid Hangs up when working with large data
posted

Hi,

In my application , i work with bulk data.

I enter some 15 - 20 rows and save them (some columns show Id's which are generated in the database after saving)

when i click save the processing hapens and even the data gets saved but the grid is not refreshed

with the new data( as i wont see the Id's).

And im not sure this newly entered data is buffered because when i click save again it again saves the

newly entered data (rows are duplicated).

Because i dont get the refreshed data i still think the data is not saved and click save 3 or 4 times and

these 15 rows become 30 , 40 rows when i refresh the grid manually.

Is this a known behaviour of the UltraWebGrid.

posted

This doesn't sound like correct behavior.  It will take some in-depth research to determine what is happening here.  This could be any of a number of things, including configuration of the grid or of its underlying data provider.

Can you reproduce this in an isolated sample application that we can run and debug?  I suggest creating one using the Northwind sample database in SQL Server, or with your own Access database you include with the project, since we can easily get at these databases.

Once you can reproduce this behavior, you can submit a support request.  A Developer Support Engineer will work with you, using the sample you provide, to resolve the issue you're encountering.

Alternately, if you can attach the sample here (use the "Options" tab when posting), I can pass this to Developer Support to create a case for you.  I recommend that you submit the case yourself, since this allows us to respond to your request more promptly.