Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to create a dynamic webdatechooser in Javascript...
posted

A fairly urgent issue / question:

I am currently creating a dynamic table in Javascript that has changes it's editors (i.e. drop down list, check box, text box etc) depending on selected choices the user makes (i.e. if they select an item from the list has is a boolean data type, then we would bind a check box to the dynamic table cell). 

But - how do I go about creating the web date chooser as one of these dynamic controls?

Is this even possible?

Or should I be looking to use a proper Javascript control?

Thanks

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    posted

WebDateChooser is an ASP.NET server control.  Because of this, it needs both a server-side presence and a client-side presence.  I don't believe that trying to add one to a page solely using JavaScript is going to work.

Depending on what result you're after, you might consider using our WebDialogWindow control.  This allows you to put a floating window on your page, which can be hidden or shown as desired, and which can contain other ASP.NET or HTML controls.

Alternately, you may be able to put your WebDateChooser on the page at design time, hide it using CSS, and adjust its CSS to show it when you want it to display.

Reply Children
No Data