Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebCombo in a grid, inside a WARP panel
posted

I have a fairly complicated page layout -- there are tables inside of tables that contain multiple controls, one of which is a WARP panel in one of the rows.  I have a WebGrid in the WARP panel and one of the columns in the grid contains a WebCombo.  The WebCombo is populated correctly when the page first loads.  When you change a value in the WebCombo and save the changes things go well, but when it tries to load the values back into the WebCombo it causes problems.  In IE I get the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error but in Firefox it just populates with the wrong value and doesn't throw an error.

This didn't happen before we added the WARP panel to the code.  Are there known issues with WebCombos and WARP panels?  Does anyone know of any work arounds?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

One option that I see is to use asp:UpdatePanel instead of WARP.

Another option is to try the WebDropDown control we just shipped in 2009.1 It is similar in functionality to the WebCombo, and may meet your needs.

Please don't hesitate to ask for any help / questions you have about that.

Thanks,

Angel

Children
No Data