Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Web Grid Smart refresh
posted

I want to use Smart Refresh on a WebGrid component by clicking a h:commandButton component, but I found that the whole page refreshes instead of just the grid data. My code is as follows:

JSP:

<h:form id="myTradingPlatform">
     <h:panelGroup styleClass="section">
      <ig:tabView id="myAcctInfoTab">
       <ig:tabItem value="Order Book">
         <ig:link id="refreshLink" actionListener="#{orderBook.onRefreshButtonClick}" smartRefreshIds="orderBookGridView" value="refresh" />
         <h:commandButton value="Refresh" id="refreshButton" onclick="BLOCKED SCRIPTig.smartSubmit('myTradingPlatform:myAcctInfoTab:refreshLink', null, null, 'myTradingPlatform:myAcctInfoTab:orderBookGridView', null);" />

(since the ig:smartSubmit needs to use NetAdvantage component in the first parameter, so i created a dummy refresh link as above for this purpose. Would you please also advise if there is another better approach?)

Backing Bean:

public void onRefreshButtonClick(ActionEvent e){
        enquireOrderStatus();
    }

public OrderStatusBean getOrderStatus(){
        if (orderStatus == null){
            orderStatus = new OrderStatusBean();
            orderStatus.enquireOrderStatus();
        }
        return orderStatus;
    }

public void enquireOrderStatus(){
        getOrderStatus().enquireOrderStatus();
        orderBookGridView.dataBind();
    }

Have I made something wrong such that the smart refresh does not work ?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi:

h:commandButton is a SUBMIT button by default. To prevent it from automatically performing a form submission, you must set the type attribute to button:

<h:commandButton type="button" ...

Best,
    Jim

Children
No Data