Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
updating DataSet via the WebGrid that was populated using THREE tables joined in the intial query...
posted

Hello, I've been looking around at a lot of examples in the .NET Samples, Googling, and querying this Forum, but I still have yet to find an example of a WebGrid that is bound to a DataSet that does its insert, update and delete work from a DataSet that populated using a query that has more than one table in it.

For  example, there are plenty of examples of "select * from customers" or something along that line that show you then how to work with using the DataSet, but that's one table. In fact, the Wizard in the IDE will auto-generate that code for you if you're only dealing with a DataSet that was populated with one table...

But I have yet to find how to effectively handle inserts, updates, and deletes via a DataSet given the DataSet is populated using a query like this:

select
t1.[column_name],
t2.[column_name],
t3.[column_name]
from
TableOne t1 inner join TableTwo t2 on t1.[column_name] = t2.[column_name]
inner join TableThree t3 on t2.[column_name] = t3.[column_name]

in this qseudo-query above, there are three tables invovled in the on "default" DataTable that will come back as part of my DataSet....

how do I need to go about handling the update, delete, and insert based on this single DataTable that represents a join on three database tables? Is this possible?

I apologize, b/c I feel like this is more of an ADO.NET question, than an Infragistics question, but since I have seen the WebGrid examples only used with one database table, and not three, I am curious as the the "right" way about going about this, if it exists at all.

Thanks,
Mike