Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ItemCommand not fired in UltraWebGrid
posted

I have created a WebHierarchicalDataSource with 2 underlying SqlDataSource controls with a simple parent-child relationship  that I am attempting to bind to a grid. The grid displays all data correctly with all parent and child rows, however when a  row is updated,Deleted, inserted(Using therr image buttons for insert,delete and update) using the RowEditItemTemplate, the itemcommand event is not fired(Not even fired any server side events except Page_load).but it works fine when i use the sqldatasource.How to resolve this problem?

Suggested Answer
    posted

Controls added to a row edit template will not raise any server-side events.  The ItemCommand event of the grid is instead meant for when a control is added to a templated column.

I recommend that you use these image buttons to perform client-side functionality to update the corresponding WebGrid row, and then use the functions events of the grid to process the updates or deletions.