Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebCombo Causes PostBack error in FormView
posted

VS2005, Infragistics 2006.3.1083, MS .net framework 2.0 with service pack 1.

This has become a big problem for me. I recently upgraded from version 2006.1 to 2006.3.1083. Also, the .net 2.0 service pack 1 was update by microsoft. I really do not know which of these updates to blame, but the net result (no pun intended) is that WebCombo inteferes with postback after the completion of an update or insert command from formview when the webcombo is on the respective edit or insert templates, when using an AJAX updatepanel. (I Know, lots of variables here, which is why I have been going crazy checking my own code for problems before realizing who the culprit was).

To recreate the scenario:

• Create an AJAX project.
  • Add a new webform.
  • Insert an AJAX Scriptmanager and AJAX update panel.
  • In the update panel add a sqldatasource attached to NorthWinds database and pointing to any table, select all columns, and have the sqldatasource wizard create all the insert/delete/update statements as well.
  • Now also in the AJAX update panel add a formview and assign the sqldatasource to the formview datasource. Turn on pageing.
  • Now run the form in debug mode. You should be able to page around, edit/insert/delete/update and cancel commands without any problems.
  • Next. Edit the formview templates and select the edit page. Add a webcombo into the form. You do not need to add any data at this point. Save the form and run the website again.
  • You should be able to page around.
  • Now, edit a record. You will see the webcombo with nothing in it, as you designed. Either cancel or update the record. You will return to the item form just fine. At this point the page no longer posts back. You can press any control, page numbers, edit, insert, and nothing will happen.
  • In fact, all javascript will fire, but the page will not post back.
  • Edit the fom again and remove the webcombo. The form works fine again.

I want to know if anyone else has this problem, and if so were they able to move up another version to 2007 without any problems.