Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to change header text in javascript using setHeaderText('new heading')
posted

I am experiencing a problem with Infragistics 2009 Vol 1 and the UltraWebGrid control.

I need to change the headings of my columns depending on what data is being shown.

here is a snippet of my javascript code.

var thisGrid = igtbl_getGridById('UltraWebGrid1');
thisGrid.Bands[0].getColumnFromKey("Column1").setHeaderText("Quote Number");
thisGrid.Bands[0].getColumnFromKey("Column1").setWidth(90);

The width of the column is altered but the heading is not. 

I use this same line of code when changing the column headings of a grid within the WebCombo and it works.

Is there something I am missing?

posted

Just like to add that this is a problem for me in 2010 volume 3. however, it only fails if the grid has rows...if no rows are in the grid, the header text changes correctly.

I am using the loadOnDemand option to change the rows of the grid...After each refresh in the AfterXmlHttp... event I want to update the header text...but yeah, only updates correctly if the grid has no rows.

posted

Hello,

I did a very quick test in my sample and it works fine with NetAdvantage 2009 Vol 1 (9.1.20091.1015) CLR 2.0. I'm not sure which version you are using. Please provide some more details and include a sample if possible.

Thanks

Sarita