Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebGrid data updates with MySQL and VB 2008
posted

I have used an UltraWebGrid with Pervasive PSQL and didn't have any problems.

Now I am working with a table in MySQL, and I can't get an UltraWebGrid to save changes, deletions, inserts. Do I need to be writing some event handlers here? I didn't have to do that with the PSQL datatables.

Parents
No Data
    posted

It depends on how you have setup the grid with MySQL. How were you getting your data and saving back to Pervasisve PSQL? Are you using the same mechanism with MySQL? 

If the underlying datasource supports inserts, updates & deletion then the UltraWebGrid will attempt to update the datasource, but if the underlying datasource does not support these operation, then you will have to work it through using event handlers. Check out this help topic to learn more handling updates using event handlers. 

http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/ASPNET/2010.1/CLR3.5/?page=WebGrid_Database_Updates_with_WebGrid_events.html

-Taz. 

Children
No Data