Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebTab Progess Indicator with Server-Side Events
posted

I've been looking at all the examples, reading all the forum posts, and trying every combination I could think of.  However, I can't find a way to get a seemingly simple concept to work.

I have an UltraWebTab inside an AJAX UpdatePanel.  Until today, I had turned all Async operations off.  I have database operations occuring in the .aspx.vb file on SelectedTabChanged.  However, I want a Progress Indicator to appear while the operations are occuring.

I tried having client-side events when the Async operations were on, but a __doPostback("<%= uwtStores.ClientID %>", ""); didn't seem to work.

What is the proper way to have both Server-Side events and the progress indicator appear?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kyle

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Kyle,

If I understood correctly, then you try to use async features of tab located in UpdatePanel. Unfortunately that combination is not supported. UpdatePanel and UltraWebTab can not be nested in each other, because they use global callback managers which are not compatible with each other. UpdatePanel and UltraWebTab can be used only side by side.

Children
No Data