Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Get reference to row object if I have a reference to the actual <tr> element
posted

Is it possible to do this without using igtbl_getSomethingById()? I'm trying to optimise iterating through rows in client script to set a value in a cell in each row and it's much much quicker to do this by getting the underlying table row and using the nextSibling property. However I still need access to the row object to set the value of the cell properly. Is there an efficient way to do this if I already have a reference to the table row element? Some undocumented attribute maybe?

In a grid with 150 rows and 6 columns it can take 150ms for igtbl_getRowById() to return or for that matter getRow(), getChildRow() or getNextRow(). Using nextSibling on the table row element is near enough instant.

posted

I should also add that it's only slow the first time. It appears that some caching is going on after the first access of an element so it's very quick if I rerun the same code.