Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid disappears if sorting when ReadOnly set to LevelTwo
posted

Hello,

I have a hierarchical web grid which works totally fine if ReadOnly="NotSet".  As in, data is bound and displayed properly and column sorting on the client works (HeaderClickActionDefault="SortSingle" AllowSortingDefault="OnClient")

We recently were told that we need to reduce the amount of javascript on the page, so I have now set ReadOnly="LevelTwo" and the grid displays fine and we can expand/collapse the rows as required, but the sorting no longer works.

Now, when I click on a column header to sort that column, the entire grid disappears.  It makes no indication that it is sorting or anything, but after a couple seconds the grid disappears.  The only change that was made between the grid that works and the grid that doesn't, is changing the read only to level 2.

I'm worried that setting it to Level 2 actually disables the sorting, but if this is the case, then you would think that it would just simply do nothing.

Does anyone know why this could be happening and how I can fix it (if possible)?