Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebGrid and Header customizations
posted

Hi,

I need to apply a custom header layout on my grid. This includes actual html implementation to place filter and sorting icons within the header cell in custom positions, and not just replacing the default icon images or colors. How do I do this?

I've spent a lot of time trying to understand how to achieve this with either UltraGridColumn or with TemplatedColumn with no success. With UltraGridColumn this seems to be impossible, and with TemplatedColumn I can provide a HeaderTemplate, but then again, it seems like I have to actually implement the client-side events for the filter and sorting images.

Is it not possible just to instruct the grid that a certain image is the filter or sort image, and have it render the client scripts accordingly?

What's more frustrating, is that I can't seem to find a single example for implementing a HeaderTemplate with Filter or Sort icons.

Here's the code sample for the HeaderTemplate:

<HeaderTemplate>
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" class="tbl_header_data">
    <tr>
        <td>
            Name
        </td>
        <td>
            <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="" class="tbl_header_icons">
                <tr>
                    <td><!-- this image should trigger the client filtering -->
                        <asp:Image runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/icons/filter_normal.png" />
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>
                        <a href=""><!-- this image should trigger the client sorting -->
<asp:Image runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/icons/arrow_sort_down.png"  />
                        </a>
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </table>
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>

</HeaderTemplate>

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
No Data